Thursday, December 30, 2010

Date Date Revolution

So I've fallen back into the the online dating cycle. I still actually think I'm not really ready to meet someone, but I'm back into it, none the less...it always seems to happen this way...I get bored and a little lonely feeling, and after a couple of nights in a row of invisibly trolling the dating sites, I pick one, update my profile a little, and then pop it up there.

At first, it's a little exciting. I keep compulsively checking it for the first few hours as the emails pour in, and I feel just a little bit like a super star, the most popular girl on the site! But I quickly realize that's it's not quantity, it's quality, and the quality isn't there. I'm getting tons of emails, but they're from the same couple of non-desirable types:

1. Guys that are old enough to be my father. Really? Really guys? Actually...Really, old men? REALLY? Do they actually think I'm going to respond? Sorry, not looking for another daddy.

2. Guys that live far away. Why are you bothering?

3. Guys who are looking to "just have fun" or for "nothing serious." To them I say READ MY PROFILE and then move on. I'm sure there are plenty of girls on here looking for a fling. I am not one of them.:)

4. Guys who are currently separated. If you have a girlfriend, a fiance, a wife, a pack of wives, a harem, or even a wife you are separated from on paper, I'm not interested. Funny as it may seem, I'd like to find someone who is actually able and available to build a life with ME.

5. Thugs. What is the deal with all the guys who look like they're part of a gang? Do I look like I'd go for a guy like that? If so, I'm seriously doing something very wrong.

Where are the quality guys? Oh! I know...NOT ONLINE DATING:)

1 comment: