Tuesday, December 28, 2010

All I Want For Christmas Is...

Made it through yet another "single again" Christmas.

What did Santa bring me, you ask? Well, I got a lovely bout of laryngitis, a two hundred dollar vet bill for my balding cat who apparently has nothing wrong with her, and the grand opportunity to rehash my break-up with the ex on Christmas night, and try to re-explain why we weren't together.

I still don't think he gets it. Or, he gets, he just doesn't want to because that means he no longer gets to have his cake and eat it, too...me being the cake and his warped sense of "non-committed freedom" being the too:)

I still have to get through the dreaded "who will I kiss at midnight" New Years, but I never have and never will have high hopes for that holiday. Does anyone, ever, have really great plans for New Years Eve? For me and the vast majority of my friends it's always been one of those nights that you hype up and try desperately to find something cool to do, only to end up either: a. running from bar to bar in an attempt to find someplace decent to ring in the new year and magically make you feel like a part of something more than a just small building full of random, drunk strangers, or b. fall asleep alone on the couch at 10:30 p.m.

I think I'll be opting for option number 2. Much less opportunity for disappointment that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment