Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tell 'Em Large Marge Sent Ya!

Ok, I'm not the biggest girl on the planet...Not even close...They wouldn't even consider me for The Biggest Loser, but I have to admit, that at this moment, I weigh more than I would like, more than I am comfortable with, and more than I should. I'm no longer teetering on the edge of average/over-weight...I've jumped right over the side and am splashing around in the deep end!

I am, in fact, and I can't believe I'm going to admit this, twenty pounds heavier than I was a year ago. Twenty pounds! That's one of those big weights at the gym that are reserved for people with more muscle than myself. I've noticed a few things that have come with the weight (not including the lower self-esteem, derailed body image, and penchant for baggy clothes):

1. I waddle. I waddle when I walk...or at least, I feel like I'm waddling. I feel like a fricking penguin in heels!

2. Clothes don't fit. I know, this seems like it would be an obvious side-effect, hardly worth mentioning, but the thing is that until now I just kept telling myself "it must have shrunk," but eventually you have to admit that your jeans, shirts, bras AND shoes have not all shrunk. It is I who is in need of a little shrinking.

So, in light of my big fat realization, I have recently started doing several things...

1. Eating better. This means no more fast food (yuck), much less carbs (who needs 'em!), all natural, low-gluten food (gluten and me...we don't get along), and veggies, veggies, veggies!

2. More frequent, small, healthy meals. A plate of potato salad and a 100 calorie chips ahoy snack pack counts, right?

3. No more diet soda. It's nothing but water for me from now on. Water...and caffeine withdrawal headaches! Woohoo!

4. Working out. I've been going to the gym at least 3 times a week, and walking at least a mile or two a day...So far so good. I haven't fallen down or passed out or anything!

5. Wellness Spa. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for three days at a wellness spa retreat in the Poconos. I'm hoping that all the yoga (which I love and miss), exercise, nutrition/cooking classes and relaxation will be the jump start I need to getting back to the slightly slimmer, much happier me.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I've been trying to do things as well. I gained 10 pounds in a week and I couldn't just let that happen. Good to hear there is someone who shares my sentiments. :)

    ReplyDelete