Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Watched Phone Never Rings

So I went on a date the other night. I won't bore you with the details, but let's just say that we met on a certain dating site, we exchanged emails, then texts, and then met, and unlike most "first dates" I've had, this one actually went really well. Conversation flowed smoothly, we laughed a lot, we had a couple drinks, played a little darts...It was a very fun time. He was polite, but sarcastic (in a good way), he paid, and he even walked me to my car. He said he'd like to go out again, I sent my customary "Thanks for tonight, I had a great time," follow-up text, and three days later - I got nothing.

Ok, so to be fair, he had a party Friday night and I had a small get together at my house Saturday night, which just left Sunday. Was hoping I would hear from him today, but I didn't.

Here's where I think the train might have run off the tracks - When my friends got to my house last night I told them a bit about him and they urged me to invite him over. I thought it was too soon, which is why I hadn't already done it, but of course the idea sounded nice, so I texted him to see if he was free. He texted back to say he was out with friends. Ok, no big deal, but now that meant that I couldn't text him today, because then I'd be the creepy texts-too-much stalker girl. So, now the ball is in his court and I have to wait and see if he'll do something with it. If he's interested, he'll call. Right?

But, of course, he hasn't. He still could, and I hope he does, but hasn't, which is a little bit of a bummer, because we seemed to hit it off, we had fun, and let's face it, I'm a delightful human being that any man would be lucky to have!

3 comments:

  1. What night was your first date? Thursday? It's not clear in your post so it's tough to draw a mental time line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... I thought you would have to wait. :)

    ReplyDelete